Monday, August 16, 2010

NY=family and food

Last weekend my sister, the kids and I decided to take a last minute trip to NY to see my family. I miss my family very much. It had been about a year ago that I had seen my siblings but two years had gone by since I had seen many of my nieces and nephews. Two years is a long time.

The last time we had all been together in that house it was for my dad’s funeral, being there this time was awkward and kind of sad. I missed him being there, it’s sad to me that he’s missing out on his grandkid’s lives, he thoroughly enjoyed his grandchildren and they really loved him.

It was great to see all the cousins enjoying one another; it was great to visit with everyone. We had some FANTASTIC food, hates off to LIL for cookin up a feast. I miss my family all the time. I wish my other brother and his family had been there. I look forward to the day that we will all be together again.

While I was there I had taken Emily for a walk around the block. I enjoyed seeing all the homes, how they have changed and many of them have new families, young families just starting out. I had some good times in that “hood” hangin with my friends. It’s a place that feels so familiar and so foreign all at the same time now.

It was an exhausting trip, well worth. Oh and you people who remain there, you are insane for putting up with that traffic.

No comments:

Post a Comment