Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Remembering Blake

My friend Allison lost her son Blake on Saturday. Blake was 14 and headed to High School this year, this was to be such an exciting time. In an instant the course of Allison’s life was changed.Blake fell and the fall led to a clot. Blake had Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (this was not the cause). Allison, has been an encouragement in my life, she has been through so many changes with Gage. I cannot imagine her pain. If you pray, could you please spare a few for Allison and family as they face this unbelievably hard time.

It’s important not to take things for granted. It’s easy to get wound up with the things that aren’t going right in your life, it easier to see what’s not going your way and be negative be rather than count the blessings in your life.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Maria. I have been thinking about this all day and it's just breaking my heart.

    ReplyDelete