Friday, April 16, 2010

ABA???

I woke up this morning and it was snowing….S-N-O-W-I-N-G……………….


On Saturday we started Emily on Metadate CD. Her pediatrician disagrees with this path, but, I felt we had to at least try it and see. The first few days were rough, she was very cranky and whiney (lord I hate whining), but things seem to have evened out now and she really does seem a little more calm and focused. I am waiting a few more weeks to make a determination about effectiveness.

Had a brief meeting to see if Emily qualifies for ESY, she did (shocking!!!!!) We will be having her IEP in May or June, I’m not too worried about it this year because I adore her team and think we are all singing the same tune. What a difference a year can make. The one component I am thinking of adding in is ABA, I’m not really sure which way to go with it. Honestly, I’m not really sure what she would/would not get out of it. If anyone has any thoughts or experience with ABA I sure would love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment