Monday, May 24, 2010

Amazed

I am just amazed at how much better Emily’s behaviors are. I am just amazed. I went to the store with her on Sunday, just her and I and we had to do the week’s shopping for the house. She walked down the aisles with me and didn’t knock anything off the shelves, didn’t hit anyone and didn’t grab anyone’s glasses of their face. She did refuse to walk a couple of times, wanting to sit in the cart and just not wanting to walk but the thing is..there were other kids in the store whining about wanting to sit or wanting to be done.

Sometimes, progress can be so slow; it’s like watching the grass grow. But, like watching the grass grow, one day you wake up and the grass is now green and upright rather than the wilted brown that was there yesterday. I need to keep reminding myself of that.

No comments:

Post a Comment