Wednesday, June 17, 2009

summer is coming

I can't believe the school year is almost done. Soon I'll have a high schooler and that just blows my mind. Sometimes it feels like just yesterday and other times it feels like an entire lifetime ago.

With Emily things are very up in the air, the IEP process did not go well this year and so I signed that I didn't agree with it and gave them what I think is a ery reasonable list of things that need to be addressed before I'll feel comfortable moving forward. Also at odds of them moving her from fully included to partial inclusion witht the bulk of her day in a self contained class setting. The problem I have with this is that they can not or will not tell me when she will be spending time with her typical peers.

Our summer plans are mostly not firmed up and that's the way I prefer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment